Friday, February 22, 2013

Building Within your Commissioned budget.

Hey there,
Building Within your Commissioned budget.
Not a easy thing to do.
I have gone over budget so many times it's not even funny. It cost me so much time and money.
It's wasn't because I made mistakes, It was because I over Designed. I tried to do do much.
When I was in School at the Australian School of fine Furniture One of my lectures explained to me that with every commission you should try to do something that you have never done before, even if it's just something little. Take the opportunity with every commission to learn something new.
Wise Words.
The problem was I tried to many new things.  I think I spent to much time worrying about trying to grow my business and Expand.
Now, when I get a commission I really put a lot of thought into it. I break it down!!!! To the last Dove tail if I have to...
Don't Get me wrong, I will always try and Design something out of the box. But now, I will think it out in Full detail  and add to the Budget. If it's not approved by the Client then I move on to the next design.
NOTE: Some Client will have you Design till the Cows come home. So be aware.
Next, Ill go over Employes.


Williamolsendesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment